Families & Literacy

Family Literacy Day has come and gone and I was remiss in not organising anything to put up here.  But I was pleased to see that I was represented in another way, when I came across The Canadian Children's Book Centre's list of recommended books in celebration of Family Literacy Day (which I would say deserves a month of its own, at the very least).


In celebration of Family Literacy Day, the Canadian Children’s Book Centre has compiled a list of Canadian books that share in the joys (and struggles) of families of all sizes and combinations. Canadian children’s authors and illustrators have done an admirable job of exploring Canada’s diversity, and many of their finest books are listed here.

In addition to noting both reading level and interest level for each title, the books are classified by thematic links.  For Where You Came From I see that thematic links given are Families, Questions and Humour.  I think that could fairly well sum up everything I've ever written.


photo courtesy BuyOlympia.com

Comments

Bluejun said…
I do love this blog....and particularly When You Were Small. But somehow always end up wandering around cyber space to your recommendations and losing whole afternoons.
Thank you, I think....

Popular Posts