Ology

I was in Montreal's wonderful Paragraphe bookstore last night, talking with my young friend Georgia about our mutual love for the Ology books. Georgia received Egyptology as a confirmation gift and now covets Pirateology.

It got me wondering how many Ologies there now are so I've just looked it up. The books are published by Candlewick and if you visit their site you find a link to Ologyworld. May I suggest you pay a vist. I'm listening to an extract from Mythology right now. I think it wins my Most Coveted Award of the day. There is a satisfyingly long list of titles by Dugald A. Steer on the Candlewick site - spin-off titles include everything from a field guide to dragons, to a code-writing kit to a "Noble Guide for Young Squires."

Here's a peek inside Mythology.

Comments

Popular Posts