Doctor Who

The new head writer for Doctor Who was announced the other day and I thought I finally had some intelligence to share with my resident Doctor Who fanatic.

"Steven Moffat," he said. "He's been a writer for ages. He wrote your favourite episode - The Empty Child. He wrote the Time Crash!" And once again I was forced to admit my ignorance.

I loved this quote in the interview with Moffat where he talks about taking over from Russell T. Davies:

“My entire career has been a secret plan to get this job,” he said. “I applied before but I got knocked back cos (sic) the BBC wanted someone else. Also I was seven."

Dear Mr. Moffat, There's a seven year old here with an eye on your job.




Or maybe David Tennant's.

Over at Neil Gaiman's blog, he riffs about Tennant's plans to play Hamlet:

I know that David Tennant's Hamlet isn't till July. And lots of people are going to be doing Dr Who in Hamlet jokes, so this is just me getting it out of the way early, to avoid the rush...

"To be, or not to be, that is the question. Weeelll.... More of A question really. Not THE question. Because, well, I mean, there are billions and billions of questions out there, and well, when I say billions, I mean, when you add in the answers, not just the questions, weeelll, you're looking at numbers that are positively astronomical and... for that matter the other question is what you lot are doing on this planet in the first place, and er, did anyone try just pushing this little red button?"

It's thanks to reading Gaiman that we realised that Douglas Adams had written for Doctor Who. We're currently working our way back through old episodes and the Tom Baker ones are some of my favourites. A great line the other night: "First things first, but not necessarily in that order."

Comments

Popular Posts